Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas Countdown

I am totally unprepared/do not have my head around/ etc the fact that Christmas is only 18 days away - holy smokes - just gave myself a fright writing that! The tree is not up, have not made the Christmas Cake, or anything - nor have I bought a single present. This is not unusual for me - I am always ready for Christmas in early January - see testimonial here.

So I thought in the spirit of all things globe-trotting I would post some Christmas window displays from around the world.......

Printemps in Paris - a three wise men vibe going on via Rolye on Flickr

Macy's via itornot on Flickr



This little snippet about Bergdorf Goodman's windows - love those staircases - very steampunk!






and this handy youtube video with a bit of a walking around the Macy's display in NY.

The kids finish school this Thursday - might have to go on an expedition into Sydney to look at the windows in David Jones and the big Christmas tree in Martin Place (on a cool day! ) better hurry up though - I am running out of time - argh!!!!
UPDATE!
My lovely friend Kylie just told me that Harrods has a Wizard of Oz theme this year.
They have lit up the store in green lights to look like the Emerald City.
The Knightsbridge store has apparently landed on the Wicked Witch of the East.
AND they were selling these limited edition ruby slippers in store. Unsuprisingly - they sold out!

No comments: