Friday, February 09, 2007

Ooo my fiery balls

Have been at the Sydney Stitches and Craft Show all week on my stall and doing a hands on workshop with my ipoddess using Colourstreams hand dyed silk thread and velvet and Artgirlz charms. I've also been doing a free talk about the Jacquard range of products. Wow - it's the first major show I've done and it's so nice to have my mum there to keep me company. Mum's cousin Diana comes in to cover for me while I am doing my talks which is sooo sweet of her! I don't think I've ever felt so tired in my life - my feet are so sore at the end of the day - as my grandma use to say - "oh my fiery balls" (meaning the balls of her feet!)
Lots of people ask, "you'll be at the August show won't you?" which I guess is sweet but when I tell them it's like childbirth and I'll need to forget the pain first they look at me as if I've spoken heresy! It's such a lot of work - I am full of admiration for those who travel all over the country doing all the shows. It's a new experience being the other side of the table that's for sure!

1 comment:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh I am glad your show was successful. You are obiously good at it so everyone wants to know when you will be doing your next one. Bravo.