Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Felting workshop with Renata Kraus

I am very excited to say that I am doing a wet felting workshop this weekend with Renata Kraus from Vilnius in Lithuania. I was aware of her work long before I knew about the workshop. My understanding is that she does not use prefelts or needlefelting and yet her image creation in the felt is amazing - like a painting!
Photo via Renata Kraus
I was so lucky to find out about the workshop which is being held at Virginia Farm - where I go each week to learn spinning. Apparently Renata is visiting friends in Australia and is also doing a workshop at Virginia Farm as well as the NSW Spinners & Weavers Guild. I know the class at Virginia Farm is full - but the Guild may still have places - why not check here if interested. 

No comments: